Saturday, April 15, 2017

2017 and a bit of a brain dump!

Hello!
Well you might be shocked or a little surprised by this post since the last post was, well like, ages ago!

And sorry no sewing/quilting make photos as I haven't touched my sewing machine since last June! I have palpitations just thinking about that! 

Reason for absence - selling my home, looking for a house, buying a house, renovating and redecorating said house to make it into my new home! 

There has been stress, tears, laughter and now lots of dust and I mean dust when walls get taken down but slowly it is all coming together. 

Yesterday, however, I seemed to have some kind of epiphany about my creative, sewing, quilting journey and having not sewn since last year what I was missing. 

I love being creative and sitting behind my desk with the sewing machine or just playing around with fabric! Most of what I used to sew was not for me. Sewing was for gifts, quilting Bees or swaps. I used to love getting to know new people from all over the world through bees and swaps, and having not been part of any for I don't remember how long I do miss it. 
My introduction into the sewing/quilting online world actually started when I received this book:


I discovered the world of craft blogs and Flickr. Flickr was my go to place for inspiration, quilting bees, swaps and retreats. Then Instagram took over and don't get me wrong I love IG (I'm a daily addict!) but since they changed their algorithms it is just not the same. I feel like I miss out on some amazing work as I just no longer see the posts, and yes I know there are notifications but that doesn't seem to work for me. 
So yesterday I logged onto Flickr for the first time in forever! Refreshed my groups, updated the app on my phone and am looking forward to re-discovering the world of Flickr. Plus the photos appear in chronological order - yay! Then I got thinking as to why I sort of left Flickr, what's happened to all the swaps etc. where did they all go!? Other social media outlets are partly to blame as I know I could spend most of my day trawling through all the different apps on my phone, blogs and websites. I even made an account on Ello and have hardly ever been on that! 

So brain dump over! 
And a question or two for anyone out there - were you on Flickr, are you still on Flickr, do you still take part in swaps etc, where is your go to source for sewing/quilting inspiration?

I think I was having a day of reminiscing back to the good old days! :) 

Anyway that's all from me for now - Happy Stitching and hopefully I'll be back soon, maybe even dust off the sewing machine!

No comments: