Monday, August 4, 2014

Modern Insta Bee

If you are on Instagram you may have seen several new Insta-Bee's ticking along based on the lovely book "Modern Bee" by Lindsay Conner. My first encounter with this book was an electronic book review I wrote for the London Modern Quilt Guild. I had already been part of a Bee via Flickr, which I love and this book gave loads of advice and new ideas so I knew I had to get a paper copy!
A short while later, I am now lucky to be part of a talented group of ladies in the ModernInstaBeeUK group Hive 1!!
This bee is different to my other one as no fabric is sent out, just an idea of colours, theme etc and your chosen block from the book, and fellow bee members use their own stash. It is fantastic and I love seeing how different all the blocks look!
We are on our fourth month and here are the blocks I have made so far.


My month is September and I am considering a solids block, so will need to do a little bit of a play around to see what I can come up with!

No comments: