Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Boxy Pouch Swap

So I've been meaning to post about this swap for ages!!
Ever since making this boxy pouch last December using the No Guts Boxie pouch tutorial on Craftsy I have whipped up many more for both myself and as gifts!!
One of my favourite ones is this one:
I love the outer fabric, kindly given to my by Katy at last years Fat Quarterly Retreat, which was a total fluke as myself and Pippa were having a little convo about how we didn't win anything in the raffle last year or the year before and we happened to be sitting next to Katy who told me to choose something from her stash at the sales table for free!! I then felt very guilty for moaning!!
I also love the quilting on this pouch which makes it a bit more stable, plus the chunky zip!
I took this along for show and tell at one of my London Modern Quilt Guild meetings, which then led to me doing a little demonstration at a future meeting and then we organised a swap between the members.
It was so much fun to see all the different pouches being made!
These were the two I made to swap:
and these were the two that I received in the swap - I love them both!!
Hoping to make some QAYG ones next but need to re stock on my chunky zips!

No comments: