Saturday, July 27, 2013

Fat Quarterly Retreat recap

It's been over a week since Fat Quarterly Retreat happened and somehow I'm only just getting around to talking about it now!
I could probably do a post every day for the next week about all the fun, but I decided to squeeze it into one post with mainly a photo recap so here goes! It was a lovely weekend with a wonderful chance to meet people I met last year, new people from blogs I follow or on Instagram and some of my fellow Bee Europa girls! It was a fun filled time of sewing, chatting, drinking and eating, and it was lovely to eat out with some of the London Modern Quilt girls on Saturday night!! Hello and hopefully I'll be joining you soon at a meeting!! However I still didn't meet everyone - I'm not great at introducing myself! I'll just have to go back next year :)

My aeroplane bag did me well during the weekend, stayed at the lovely Grange, gorgeous streets around Baden Powell House ~
 My embroidery hoop clocks that I swapped (hopefully they got home in one piece!), Liberty goody bag (thanks to all the sponsors!), Quilt Market haul, and gorgeous swaps received!! Sadly I can't remember the names of two of my swappers, so please say Hi if it is you!! Thanks to Susy for the gorgeous red and aqua cushion!
 Loved the workshops and tabletop sessions, so much inspiration! FQ team starting off the fun, Trudi and her amazing FMQ skills, loved Katy's EPP classes and Lu's hand quilting class. Also snuck into Quilt Dad's blogging session!
So that's the recap from me! It was a fun filled time and can't quite believe that it's over for another year!

6 comments:

Pippa Parsons said...

lol still trying to get round to my post

memmens said...

I know how you feel, I didn't have the energy to write a post about retreat until today, too much to say etc. I could have just said 'you had to be there'! Lovely to meet you, I'm quite envious of Susy's gorgeous clock.

heart of charnwood said...

lso struggling to get the right words for it! Lovely to meet you in person, if only briefly :o)

Sarah Lou said...

Great photos, looks like you got far more done than me! Was lovely to meet you too x

Kelly said...

It was lovely to meet you and I hope you make it to a meet :)

Joanne said...

The weekend completely flew! The classes were so interesting and engrossing that I missed meeting lots of people I follow through IG and blogs!! So I think that definitely means we have to go back next year!